Local home with mold damage to their floors
Mold requires nourishment, warmth, and moisture in order to grow. Unfortunately, your basement most likely has all three things, making it the perfect place for mold growth. Fortunately there are ways to help prevent the growth of mold.
9 Simple Ways To Prevent Mold In Your Basement:
1.) Vent appliances that produce moisture.
2.) Buy a good dehumidifier.
3.) If there are faucets or a shower in your basement, vent them properly.
4. Fix those leaky pipes.
5. Don’t over water your plants.
6. Cover cold surfaces with insulation
7. Use a sealant around windows.
8. Monitor the relative humidity in the basement.
9. If you have dirt-floor crawlspaces, cover the dirt with plastic.